Connect with us

Entertainment

In New Interview Prince Andrew Gets Specific About Jeffrey Epstein Friendship

Published

on


In a wide-ranging interview that aired Saturday night, Prince Andrew faced some of the questions he has evaded in the months since his former friend Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide in a Manhattan jail. For the first time, he described the time he spent at Epstein’s estates and claimed that his royal lifestyle might be the reason he missed the signs of sex trafficking that others have claimed they saw. “I live in an institution at Buckingham Palace which has members of staff walking around all the time,” he said. “I don’t wish to appear grand, but there were a lot of people who were walking around Jeffrey Epstein’s house. As far as I was aware, they were staff.”

Speaking to BBC Newsnight host Emily Maitlis, the crux of Andrew’s point was that he had no recollection of ever meeting Virginia Roberts Giuffre, the woman who claimed in court proceedings that Epstein forced her to have sex with Andrew. “I’m convinced that I was never in Tramps with her,” he said, mentioning the bar that Giuffre said she went with Andrew. He also said that on the March 2001 night Giuffre cited in her account, he was at home with his children, having taken one to a birthday at the British chain Pizza Express. “I can absolutely, categorically, tell you it never happened,” he said of Giuffre’s allegations.

The interview marked the first time that Prince Andrew addressed his continued contact with Epstein after investigations against him began. Andrew conceded that he invited Epstein to Princess Beatrice’s birthday after a warrant for his arrest was released in 2006, but he claimed that he didn’t know about it at the time. “I wasn’t aware of what was going on in the U.S. until after the media picked up on it,” he said. He said that he did cease communication with Epstein as soon as he knew about the investigations.

He said that his 2010 trip to visit Epstein was intended to end the friendship, and that doing it in person would be honorable. “I admit fully that my judgement was probably colored by my tendency to be too honorable, but that’s just the way it is,” he said. He also admitted that he stayed at Epstein’s mansion during the trip. “It was a convenient place to stay,” he said. “With a benefit of all the hindsight that one can have, it was definitely the wrong thing to do.”

He also restated some of the defenses that friends and anonymous sources have offered for him in the British press over the last few months. He said he didn’t remember the photo where he stands next to Giuffre. It was supposedly taken by Epstein in Ghislaine Maxwell’s house, and Andrew claimed that he has never been upstairs in the Belgravia mansion. “I’ve never seen Epstein with a camera in my life,” he said, adding that the quality of the photograph means that it cannot be authenticated. “It’s a photograph of a photograph of a photograph . . . If the original was ever produced, then perhaps we might be able to solve it but I can’t.” He demurred when asked if the photo had been doctored but said, “We can’t be certain as to whether or not that is my hand in the photo.”

After stating that he didn’t regret the friendship with Epstein, because of “the opportunities I was given to learn,” Andrew discussed his charity work with children and teens, and the effect that this scandal has had on the perceptions of the royal family. “It’s a constant maw. This first came out in 2011, and it was a surprise to all of us,” he said. “I don’t think it’s been damaging to the Queen. It has been to me.”

More Great Stories From Vanity Fair

— Catching up with David Letterman, 10 years after this writer who worked on his show criticized him in an op-ed
— Here’s why Chance the Rapper is the best SNL host we’ve seen so far
— Here’s what we know about Harry and Meghan’s war on the tabloids
— Lori Loughlin and her family are in constant chaos
— Selena Gomez shares why she finally let go of Justin Bieber drama
— From the archive: Meet the dynamite socialite princess of Bavaria

Looking for more? Sign up for our daily newsletter and never miss a story.



Source

Entertainment

Simon Cowell’s Business Is Booming Despite America’s Got Talent Investigation

Published

on

By


As NBC continues its investigation into what transpired on America’s Got Talent before Gabrielle Union’s exit late last month, all eyes have reportedly landed on Simon Cowell—but the scrutiny does not appear to be doing any damage to Cowell’s business. This week marks the premiere of Cowell’s new series, The X Factor: The Band, and according to Deadline, Cowell is also nearing a record five-year deal with ITV for Britain’s Got Talent.

Tensions reportedly rose on the set of America’s Got Talent as Union, who joined the cast as a judge in February, voiced concerns over inappropriate and racist humor on set; Union was also reportedly told multiple times that her hairstyles were “too black.” NBC insisted at first in a statement that Union’s exit from the show, along with fellow first-timer judge Julianne Hough, was simply a routine switch-up for a show accustomed to cycling its cast in and out. But as criticism mounted, the network later released another statement, writing, “We are working with Ms. Union through her representatives to hear more about her concerns, following which we will take whatever next steps may be appropriate.” Union and NBC did meet last week, and the discussion reportedly centered on Cowell. (Simon Cowell has not responded to multiple requests for comment from VF in recent weeks.)

Still, it appears Cowell’s collaborators at Britain’s ITV are not backing away from him; Deadline reports that Cowell’s upcoming Britain’s Got Talent deal will be the longest he’s ever sealed with the broadcaster, and promotion for X Factor: The Band, has continued apace ahead of its premiere Monday. Representatives for ITV, X Factor, and Britain’s Got Talent did not immediately respond to VF‘s request for comment.

In the wake of emerging reports regarding Gabrielle Union’s time at America’s Got Talent, two former judges spoke out against the show’s work environment. Howard Stern, who served as a judge on the show for four seasons ahead of his exit in 2015, said last week that the show was the “ultimate example of a boys’ club,” while Sharon Osbourne, whose tenure ran from 2007 to 2012, said that she was paid less than her male colleagues, who also seemed to receive perks that she did not. Following their meeting last week, both Union and NBC have described the meeting as “productive.” The Peacock is now planning a “further investigation to get a deeper understanding of the facts.” Cowell, meanwhile, has retained Larry Stein, high-powered Los Angeles attorney whose former celebrity clients include Peter Jackson and David Duchovny.

The New Time’s Up C.E.O. Charts the Organization’s Future

More Great Stories From Vanity Fair

— Why Baby Yoda has conquered the world
— Scarlett Johansson on movies, marriage, and controversies
— 2020 Oscar nominations: 20 movies that are serious contenders
— 29 of the brightest stars who died
— The decade’s best shows, episodes, and where to stream our favorites
V.F.’s chief critic looks back at the films that helped define the year in cinema
— From the Archive: Julia Roberts—Hollywood’s Cinderella and the belle of the box office

Looking for more? Sign up for our daily Hollywood newsletter and never miss a story.



Source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

NFL Reporter Jane Slater Caught Ex-Boyfriend Cheating Via FitBit : theCHIVE

Published

on

By

The beginning of this insane story starts with some Christmas shopping for your significant other, involves the viral and hilarious Peloton commercial, and ends with technology saving the day–or ruining the day, depending on how you look at it.

Above is NFL Network reporter Jane Slater and I’m sure she didn’t think she’d be sharing her story of a cheating ex after seeing this tweet below.



Source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

How the Cast of Fuller House Prepared to Say Goodbye, Or Not

Published

on

By


It’s so hard to say goodbye, but that’s what the cast of Fuller House is currently having to deal with. 

Those goodbyes might not be forever according to John Stamos, but according to Netflix, five seasons is the end for DJ, Stephanie, Kimmy, and the rest of the Tannerinos. 

E! News visited the set of the Netflix sitcom a few weeks before the final episode wrapped, and the cast opened up about how hard it is to say goodbye to the people who have become their family. 

“This show means so much to me…It’s not just five seasons, it’s 30-plus years,” Candace Cameron Bure told E!’s Carissa Culiner. “So I’ve already left this soundstage once and said goodbye and now I have to do it again, and while I’m so grateful for the opportunity to be back with everyone, it’s a million times harder to say goodbye a second time.” 

The first half of the final season is out now on Netflix, but the final episodes have yet to be seen. 

Bure says she never had an idea of where she wanted her character to end up, because she never wanted the show to end at all. 

“I didn’t think about it, because it actually is so hard and emotional to think about, but knowing what the end, is I was so happy,” she says. “There were tears in my eyes, but they were happy tears. So knowing how good I felt about it, I know the audience is going to love it.” 

Andrea Barber says the entire cast is thrilled with how the show ends, with important milestones hit and definitely a few weddings to deal with, which you’ll know about if you’ve seen the midseason finale. 

John Stamos says he’s trying not just to keep the Fuller House energy going, but he’s hoping he can figure out a way to keep the show going. That’s why he doesn’t want anyone else to take anything from the set. 

“I don’t think I’m gonna let anyone take anything, because who knows…like I said, it’s not over, in my mind.” 

Hit play on both videos above to hear about how the cast is saying goodbye and, hit play below to find out the rules of the their actual homes…including the one word Stamos won’t allow to be said in his. 

Fuller House is currently streaming on Netflix.





Source

Continue Reading

Trending

//onvictinitor.com/afu.php?zoneid=2954224
We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.
Accept