Connect with us

Business

Kamlesh Tiwari killing: CM Adityanath says murder an act of mischief to create terror, to meet family members today

Published

on


Kamlesh Tewari murder caseHindu Samaj Party founder Kamlesh Tewari. He was killed at his office in Lucknow on Friday.

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Adityanath has termed the killing of Hindu Samaj Party chief Kamlesh Tiwari an act of mischief to create terror. He said that police officials were probing the case and informed that five people have been taken into custody. He said that such incidents will not be tolerated and those involved will not be spared.

“This is an act of mischief to create terror. In this case, five people have been taken into custody. Of these, three have been taken into custody in Gujarat and two in Uttar Pradesh. A Special Investigation Team has been constituted to probe it,” he said on Saturday.

“The elements who create an atmosphere of fear and terror in the state will be strongly dealt with, and their plans crushed. This type of incident will not be tolerated, and those involved will not be spared,” the CM added.

Adityanath said that the killers were allowed to meet Kamlesh Tiwari by the security guard posted at his residence only after the leader gave him the nod. The killers sat with Tiwari and had food and tea. Subsequently, the personal aide of Tiwari and his son were sent to the market to purchase something. He said that it was during this period that Tiwari was killed by the visitors.

Kamlesh Tiwari, 45, was killed at his home in Lucknow’s Khurshed Bagh on Friday. He was earlier associated with a faction of the Hindu Mahasabha

The Chief Minister will meet the family members of Tiwari on Sunday.

According to Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police DGP OP Singh, five people have been arrested including three in Surat in connection with the murder. He said that the suspects were radicalised and appeared to have targeted Tiwari for his inflammatory remarks made in 2015. Meanwhile, the Anti-Terrorism Squad of Maharashtra police arrested a man from Mominpura locality in Nagpur in connection with the case. The sixth person has been identified as Sayed Asim Ali, 29, who runs a hardware business in Nagpur.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.





Source

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Lebanon’s Safadi withdraws candidacy for PM, urges Hariri for post: statement By Reuters

Published

on


© Reuters. FILE PHOTO: Lebanon’s Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri attends a cabinet session at the Baabda palace

BEIRUT (Reuters) – Former Lebanese finance minister Mohammad Safadi withdrew his candidacy to be the next prime minister on Saturday, saying that he saw that it would have been difficult to form a “harmonious” cabinet supported by all parties.

Safadi, 75, emerged as a candidate on Thursday when political sources and Lebanese media said three major parties had agreed to support him for the position.

His decision to withdraw throws Lebanon’s push to form a government needed to enact urgent reforms back to square one in the face of unprecedented protests that prompted prime minister Saad al-Hariri to resign last month.

Safadi said in a statement that he had decided to withdraw following consultations with political parties and a meeting on Saturday with Hariri.

“It is difficult to form a harmonious government supported by all political sides that could take the immediate salvation steps needed to halt the country’s economic and financial deterioration and respond to the aspirations of people in the street,” the statement said.

Protesters who took to the streets on Saturday denounced Safadi’s potential nomination, saying it ran counter to nationwide calls to oust a political elite they see him as part and parcel of.

In the statement Safadi, a prominent businessman with ties to Saudi Arabia, thanked President Michel Aoun and Hariri for supporting his candidacy, and said he hoped Hariri would return as premier to form a new government.

Shi’ite group Hezbollah and its Shi’ite ally Amal had agreed to back Safadi following a meeting with Hariri late on Thursday, according to Lebanese media and political sources, but no political party had since formally endorsed his candidacy.

The two Shi’ite groups, along with Aoun, a Maronite Christian, have sought for Hariri to return as premier but have demanded the inclusion of both technocrats and politicians in the new cabinet, while Hariri has insisted on a cabinet composed entirely of specialist ministers.

The process for choosing a new premier requires Aoun to formally consult members of parliament on their choice for prime minister. He must designate whoever gets the most votes.

Lebanon’s prime minister must be a Sunni Muslim, according to its sectarian power-sharing system.

Disclaimer: Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures) and Forex prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn`t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.

Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.





Source

Continue Reading

Business

India vs Bangladesh | Aaj tak Today sports news

Published

on



Mindblowing lerformance by indian team
Subscriber my channel

source

Continue Reading

Business

Court allows soccer team to play divisional championship game

Published

on



Players on the Medford High School boys soccer team cheered Friday night as district administrators announced a court ruling that will allow them to play Saturday in the Division 1 North championship match against Lincoln-Sudbury.

Subscribe to WCVB on YouTube now for more:

Get more Boston news:
Like us:
Follow us:
Instagram:

source

Continue Reading

Trending

We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.
Accept