Connect with us

Entertainment

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Teases the “Little Spices” She Added to Bond

Published

on


There is precious little the team behind the James Bond film No Time to Die can say about the upcoming project. And yet, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is having fun teasing out her involvement on the script, offering little crumbs along the way, Hansel and Greteling fans toward the future blockbuster’s release next spring. In an interview with the BBC the Fleabag and Killing Eve creator spoke a bit about her contributions to 007’s narrative, including the “little spices” she added to the story.

“They were just looking for tweaks across a few of the characters and a few of the storylines,” she said.

The writer and actor also noted that she wasn’t brought in simply to focus on upgrading the spy franchise’s notoriously misogynistic world. “They were already doing that themselves,” she said of the team, which includes director and co-writer Cary Fukunaga. “They’re having that conversation with themselves the whole time. It [her involvement] was much more practical. Just, ‘You’re a writer, we need some help with these scenes. And you come up with some dialogue for these characters.’”

She’s essentially reiterating what Bond star Daniel Craig said earlier this week. In a particularly spicy interview, Craig brusquely waved away intimations that Waller-Bridge was brought on to win the film’s team feminist brownie points.

“Look, we’re having a conversation about Phoebe’s gender here, which is fucking ridiculous,” Craig said to the Sunday Times. “She’s a great writer. Why shouldn’t we get Phoebe onto Bond? That’s the answer to that.”

He continued, adding, “I know where you’re going, but I don’t actually want to have that conversation. I know what you’re trying to do, but it’s wrong. It’s absolutely wrong. She’s a fucking great writer. One of the best English writers around. I said, ‘Can we get her on the film?’ That’s where I came from.”

Waller-Bridge has proven her spy-writing capabilities thanks to Killing Eve, the cat-and-mouse dramedy starring Sandra Oh as an MI6 agent trailing after a renowned assassin. Waller-Bridge is also still riding a professional high after winning three Emmys at this year’s awards ceremony, capping off Fleabag Season 2’s glorious critical run.

In the BBC interview, the writer shared that she’s been enjoying the process of working on the upcoming film, set for an April 2020 release. “It doesn’t get cooler” than writing Bond lines, she added.



Source

Entertainment

Brutal rejection stories we wouldn’t wish on our worst enemies (24 Photos)

Published

on



Source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

704 Chop – All I know (Official Music Video)

Published

on



704 Chop – All I Know
Loyalty Means Everything
Billion Dollar Baby Ent.
directed by Reelgoats
shot by @ricodidit and @Gemini.one1
edit by @ricodidit

source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jaclyn Hill Is Re-Launching Her Beauty Line After Her Lipstick Scandal

Published

on


Desiree Navarro/WireImage

YouTube star Jaclyn Hill is ready to make her comeback in the beauty space!

The 29-year-old star has revamped and rebooted her eponymous makeup brand, Jaclyn Cosmetics. “The future is bright,” the cosmetics company teased on Instagram on Monday, alongside information on the re-launch date. “11/26/19.”

But unsurprisingly, beauty lovers’ reactions were mixed after the news was shared on social media. “Here we go. Let’s cross our fingers,” one user commented. Another chimed in, “Oh we are trying again? Cool.”

Of course, there are some that feel hopeful and excited to see what Jaclyn Cosmetics has to offer this time around. “Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Idk and idc what it is—I want it, and I need it!!,” one person wrote. ” I’m so happy you never gave up!!!”

As makeup devotees might recall, Jaclyn announced that her highly-anticipated brand would finally launch in May. For her first release, she dropped the So Rich Lipstick collection, which offered nude lipsticks in 20 different shades.

However, her luxurious line of lipsticks quickly wreaked havoc in the beauty community, after many customers began issuing complaints about their products.

Many alleged they found hair and pieces of metal shards embedded into their lipsticks. Moreover, others began speculating that mold and other alleged contaminants were spotted in their lipsticks—to note, that was never verified.

After the complaints spread like wildfire online, the brand initially told costumers that it would accept returned product and refund the purchase price with a new lipstick. But by late June (a few weeks after the launch date), Jaclyn Cosmetics released another statement, claiming they would refund all of its customers, regardless if people loved or hated their product. 

However, many beauty enthusiasts criticized the brand for not issuing a recall.

The scandal, which was also dubbed “Lipstickgate,” certainly shook Jaclyn to her core. “My launch was a failure. It failed. It sucked,” she shared in a candid YouTube video that she uploaded nearly two months after her line released. “I was so confident that I was almost cocky. Because I was just like, ‘This is gonna be the best thing people have ever seen.”

She continued, “It’s important to me that you guys know how sorry I am, how embarrassed I am. It’s been shocking.”

In that same video, she explained that she hired a completely new team and cut ties with the lab she launched her lipsticks with. “In this past month, I have built an entirely new quality control team. I have brought on several different people for all different things,” she said. “As a CEO, as a boss, you don’t get to sit and be like, ‘Wah.’ You have to start rebuilding.”

The 29-year-old YouTuber also reassured her loyal followers that she would be coming out with new products when things cooled down and felt right.

It looks like that time has come!





Source

Continue Reading

Trending

We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.
Accept